Last updated: 1 July, 2023
Stella Novus Limited is an Irish registered company with a company registration number of 588498.
Contact address: 61 Saint Assam's Park, Raheny, Dublin 5, Ireland, D05W3C8.
Contact email: [email protected]
Your Rights under the GDPR
Data protection is a fundamental right set out in Article 8 of the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights:
- Everyone has the right to the protection of personal data concerning him or her.
- Such data must be processed fairly for specified purposes based on the consent of the person concerned, or some other legitimate basis laid down by law. Everyone has the right of access to data which has been collected concerning him or her, and the right to have it rectified.
- Compliance with these rules shall be subject to control by an independent authority.
This means that every individual is entitled to have their personal information protected, used in a fair and legal way, and made available to them when they ask for a copy. If an individual feels that their personal information is wrong, they are entitled to ask for that information to be corrected.
To process personal data, organizations must have a lawful reason. The lawful reasons for processing personal data are set out in Article 6 of the GDPR. The six lawful reasons for processing personal data are:
- To carry out a contract.
- For an organization to meet a legal obligation.
- Where processing the personal data is necessary to protect the vital interests of a person.
- Where processing the personal data is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
- In the legitimate interests of a company/organization (except where those interests contradict or harm the interests or rights and freedoms of the individual).
Any one of the six reasons given above can provide a legal reason for processing personal data.
Data Subjects Privacy Rights: (https://gdpr.eu/what-is-gdpr/)
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Information we collect
We collect information in multiple ways, including when you provide information directly to us, and when we passively collect information from you, such as from your browser or device.
Information specifically provided by you, includes your name, email address, physical address, login username, password, or other information that you voluntarily share with us through the following:
- Registering for an account
- Subscribing to receive our newsletters
- Posting a comment
- Subscribing to receive comment follow-ups
- Entering a sweepstakes or contest or registering for a promotion
- Completing a survey or providing us with feedback
- Communicating with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise
- Reporting an issue with our website
- Receiving one of our subscription gifts
You do not have an obligation to provide us with your information; however, if you do not provide us with your information, we may not be able to provide you with the Services you have requested or you may be limited in your use of our Services.
Information automatically or passively collected includes the following:
- Device and usage information: We may automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices you use to access the Site or our Apps.
- Location information: We and our service providers may automatically collect location information, including general information such as IP address from your computer or mobile device.
Using Your Information
We use the information we collect from you to provide, maintain, protect and improve our Site and services, and to develop new ones.
In addition, we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To provide information to you related to products or services provided by us.
- To inform you of any changes, offers, updates or other announcements about our Site, services or products.
- To process a transaction you initiate
- To process and respond to your inquiries or to request your feedback.
- To personalize the content and advertising that you see on the Services.
- For internal research.
- To keep the Site secure and safe.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features offered by our Site.
Storing and Securing your Personal Data and Information
Disclosing Your Information
- Consent: We may disclose personal information if we have your specific consent to do so.
- Co-sponsored activities: When you sign up for a webinar or other activity that is co-sponsored by another company, we may share your registration information with that company.
- Business Partners: We may provide your information to individuals and companies with whom we have business relationships to provide you with special coupons, discounts, or promotions, or to offer products and services to you for purchase. We encourage these partners to adopt and post privacy policies. However, the use of your Information by such parties is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to our control.
- Third Party Services: We use third-party service providers, consultants and other agents to help us provide, maintain, protect and improve our Site, services and products.
- Legal: We will share personal information if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to: meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request; To enforce our Disclaimer; enforce applicable Terms of Service or any of our other agreements with you, including investigation of potential breaches; detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our Site, us, our affiliates, our officers, directors, employees, representatives, our licensors, other users, and/or the public, as required or permitted by law.
- Succession: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition or asset sale, you agree that your personal information may be transferred to a third party.
Third Party Services
We provide personal information to third party services to perform certain tasks based on our instructions and in compliance with our Privacy. Examples of third-party services include data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics, email campaigns, and payment processing.
Third Party Links
Changes to These Terms
We may modify these terms and conditions at any time. Any changes will be effective immediately upon posting to our website. Your continued subscription after any changes indicates your acceptance of the new terms.
The Data Protection Officer for the Department is Kostas Liampas. If you have a query, concern or complaint regarding a data protection matter, you may contact the DPO by emailing [email protected]